Here’s what you need…
For the Herb marinade:
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
For the Salad:
- 1 lb skinless, boneless, thin chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups organic arugula
- 2 small organic mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Combine the herb marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place 1 Tablespoon of the marinade in a large Ziploc bag with the asparagus pieces, and the rest in another large Ziploc bag with the chicken breasts. Make sure the chicken and asparagus are fully coated with the marinade, and then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Heat a grill pan and another medium pan. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan, and cook 4 minutes each side, until there is no longer any pink in the middle. Sauté the asparagus in the medium pan, stirring often while the chicken cooks. Remove both pans from heat.
- Once the chicken has cooled, slice each breast into even strips.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, mango slices and crumbled goat cheese. Add the cooked asparagus and the chicken. Mix and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 332 calories, 13g fat, 740mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 34g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.